Indie

Baby Indie is finally here!









{Birth Story}

Tuesday morning I woke up at about 4am because I was getting contractions every10 minutes.
I thought it would go away but they didn't.
So around 6am I woke Dan up.
We went for a walk around the neighborhood and the contractions kept on coming.
At 1pm Dan got worried because it was about time for him to go to work.
So we went to the Hospital in Kanab just to make sure wasn't going into labor.
The doctor said I was dilated 2 cm and I was to go back when the contractions were coming in every 5 minutes.
Dan went to work and while he was gone the contractions got alot worse, but still 10 minutes apart.
Dan got home around 12:30 and after 2 hours of waiting my contractions got worse and closer together.
We called the hospital in St. George at 2am then we decided to drive to St. George.
On our way to St.George Dan was speeding and we got pulled over in Hurricane.
The cop looked in the car and I had a contraction.
He saw my face and big tummy and asked us if we needed  an ambulance.
We said no and he said to slow down.
When we got there I was dilated at 4 1/2 cm and they were ready for me to go to the delivery room.
After getting my epidural it was hard for me to stay awake.
I woke up around 10:45 am and the doctor said I was 9cm and that the baby was turned the wrong way.
So she turned me to my right side and lifted my leg.
The nurse told me to tell her when i felt pressure.
5 minutes later a machine was beeping and Dan called the nurse cause it was kind of annoying. The nurse came in to check it and I told her I felt pressure.
She checked me and told me I was ready to start pushing.
12 minutes later...


At 11:12 am on September 15, 2010
Indie Faasegi DeWitt
was finally born.
She weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz.
& 20 in. long.



{Pictures of Indie}




Indie getting cleaned.



Skin to Skin with Indie.
This was the first time I got to hold my baby girl!



Daddy and Indie.






{Visitors}







{Taking Baby Home}








2 comments

Troy and Segi Worthen said...

Did I just read this right?...Faasegi huh. What a lucky little girl. I think I am going to pull a Mom and just call her by her middle name.

Shawntae said...

Ahh Fiti she is soo precious!! its crazy how once you are reading to push how fast they pop out! I'm glad you had a good labor! Take so many pictures of her and snuggle her lots because they grow sooo fast!!!!